FIVE THINGS TO KNOW REGARDING SOUTH CAROLINA'S DUI LAWS
- There are no breath tests conducted at the roadside. This means that when a person is given the opportunity to provide a breath sample, they are already arrested and will most likely be facing a DUI or DUAC charge.
- You have the right to refuse the field sobriety tests offered by the police. These tests are divided attention tasks which test for not only coordination but also how well you follow instructions.
- South Carolina's DUI laws provided tiered penalties based on how high one blows into the datamaster machine. The higher you blow, the more jail time you could receive and the higher the fine.
- If you refuse the breath test or provide a breath sample of .15% or greater, you will suffer a license suspension immediately. However, you are eligible for a license that will allow you to drive virtually unrestricted if you follow certain procedures.
- DUI convictions carry license suspensions, fines of $997 or more, SR-22 insurance, required alcohol class attendance (ADSAP), and a permanent criminal record.
These are five facts to know. If you need answers to any questions regarding a DUI case, please call me at 843.761.0610 or email me at email@example.com
If you have been charged with a probation violation, traffic ticket, criminal offense, or a DUI, feel free to contact me to discuss your options. At my office, you will receive a free interview in criminal cases. If retained, I will go about protecting your initial court appearance, if possible, and begin investigating the case. If you have questions about a criminal or DUI case or questions about this article, feel free to contact me at (843) 761-0610. If you would like to read more about South Carolina's DUI and criminal laws, copy/paste this link into your search heading http://www.vannoylawoffice.com/blog/
If you have questions regarding a DUI or criminal case in Berkeley, Charleston, or Dorchester County, please contact my office today at (843) 761-0610 or through the contact page on this website.
Brady Vannoy is a criminal defense lawyer in Berkeley County, South Carolina. He carries a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating. According to the rating system, "AV Preeminent(r) is a significant rating accomplishment-a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
Brady Vannoy is a member of The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in South Carolina. You can find his profile at www.thenationaltriallawyers.org.
Brady Vannoy's office is located in downtown Moncks Corner. He regularly takes cases in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester counties. Brady is a member of the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100. Brady defends DUI and all types of criminal cases in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester counties along with other areas of the South Carolina low country. He can be reached at (843) 761-0610 or through the contact page on this website.